10 Random Thoughts
I like doing Random Thoughts on Monday. It focuses me to start the week by clearing my feeble mind of its clutter.
I also like quotes:
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. I’m not sure that I am patient enough to deal with residential real estate. I don’t want to hear some homeowner tell me how her property is worth $500k when it is really worth $200k. That only happens in residential. Right?
2. If you haven’t ever cooked on the salt block at Park Tavern, then you should do so as soon as possible. Make sure and get a seat overlooking the park as well.
3. I am finally getting my license online and this course material makes me want to kick a defenseless kitten.(I’m just kidding. Don’t call PETA please.)
4. I think the College Football Hall of Fame is a perfect fit for Atlanta. I can’t think of another major metro in the entire country that comes close to Atlanta in terms of CFB fervor. Fall in our city is a great (and terrible) time of year.
5. I don’t care what you say. I like Katy Perry.
6. Why is North American the only team in town buying all the “sexy” deals. Yes, I know the artist-formerly-known-as Prospect Park is a broken deal, but I would still call that a sexy project. Well done, Team Toro.
7. The best retailer in Atlanta is . . . . CostCo. I don’t think I have ever left there without spending $50-$100 and I don’t like spending $10. They are so crafty. Why would I get 1 watermelon for $5 when I could get 15 watermelons for $1 each?!!??!!!
8. If I were just out of college and wanted to mingle with like minds, I would live in VA Highlands. It is a little safer than W Midtown and there are more unique, established business there. At any other stage of life, I don’t think I could deal with the traffic, tiny roads, and RE prices.
9. I think I have just about made up my mind to offer my help (whatever that accounts for) on the Beltline. If it works out, it could be the most significant change in the landscape of our city during our lifetime. I would love to look back and feel like I was a part of that. Is that vain or altruistic?
10. There are two types of people in this world: 1. People who enjoy Harry Potter and 2. Idiots. Pick a side.
Have a wonderful Monday.